List of top GATE Civil Engineering Books | APSEd
Which are the best books to understand Civil Engineering better ?
Should I go for books or preparation material when preparing for GATE ? Confused ?
Every year new type of questions are asked in GATE & other exams.
To have an extra edge, and score more marks - little more effort is required after studying from conventional material.
This will require you to understand the concept in detail, and those new questions will not like a tough question anymore.
We achieve this through our courses
They help you understand the concepts in detail as well solve numerical questions.
We have compiled a list of reference books for Civil Engineering from our experience reading a variety of books.
Strength of Materials (SOM)
1. Mechanics of Materials by James M. Gere
2. Mechanics of Materials by Beer and Johnston
3. Strength of Materials by SS Bhavikatti
1. Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications by John Cimbala and Yunus Cengel
2. Fox and McDonald's Introduction to Fluid Mechanics by Philip J. Pritchard
3. Hydraulics & Fluid Mechanics by Modi and Seth
Open Channel Flow
1. Flow in Open Channels by K. Subramanya
1. Applied Hydrology by Ven Te Chow
2. Engineering Hydrology by K. Subramanya
1. Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures by SK Garg
2. Irrigation and Drainage Engineering by Peter Waller and Muluneh Yitayew
Water Supply Engineering
1. Water Supply Engineering by SK Garg
Waste Water Engineering
1. Waste Water Engineering by Metcalf and Eddy
2. Sewage Waste Disposal and Air Pollution Engineering by SK Garg
3. Wastewater Engineering by B. C. Punmia
1. Basic and Applied Soil Mechanics by A. S. R. Rao & Gopal Ranjan
2. Soil Mechanics by A. Aysen
3. Soil Mechanics by Braja M. Das
1. Fundamentals of Traffic Flow by Adolf D. May
2. Highway Engineering by Khanna and Justo
3. Railway Engineering by S. C. Saxena
1. Surveying by B. C. Punmia
2. Engineering Surveying by W. Schofield
Design of Steel Structures
1. Design of Steel Structures by SS Bhavikatti
2. Design of Steel Structures by S. K. Duggal